From diagnosis to control, Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics (AANMA) is your one-stop source for patient-friendly information about asthma and allergies. Founded 28 years ago by Nancy Sander, AANMA is the only national nonprofit organization whose mission is to end death and suffering due to asthma, allergies and related conditions.
- Award-winning publications Allergy & Asthma Today magazine and The MA Report newsletter offer practical, family- friendly, medically accurate articles and inspiring stories to >100,000 members. These publications are a trustworthy support group in your mailbox every six weeks.
- AANMA's website, www.aanma.org, features the latest news and a library of articles, podcasts and other resources.
- Our Facebook and Twitter pages, blogs, and email updates allow members to connect and stay engaged however they prefer.
- AANMA's Breathe: It’s the Law campaign has resulted in all 50 states pass ing laws that guarantee students the right to carry asthma medications at school , and 49 states now have laws covering anaphylaxis medications.
- AANMA works tirelessly on a number of fronts - from the U.S. Congress to localities across the nation - to guarantee all people with asthma have access to medical care according to NIH Asthma Guidelines, a blueprint for healthy breathing developed by natio
- Volunteer Outreach Service Coordinators (OSCs) work directly in their communities.
- Anaphylaxis Community Experts (ACEs), a partnership developed and hosted by AANMA and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and made possible by Mylan Specialty, LP, go into their communities to help improve identification and treatment of lifethreatening allergic reactions.
- AANMA Hispanic outreach programs include Respirando con AANMA newsletterand a range of other Spanish-language resources.
- AANMA works with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to provide indoor air quality assistance through the free, downloadable Indoor AIRepair™ kit and with the National Asthma Control Initiative (NACI) to educate patients about the NAEPP Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma.
8201 Greensboro Drive, Suite 300, McLean, VA 22102